Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

After much talk about the Genesis Collection, here are some photos of the real things.

So what do you all think?

And here is the :lol: video :lol: I made of the series so you all can see them.

Cheers,
Jason

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That road flare red just destroys all of them. So beautiful.
I was pretty blown away by that one too. My expectations were not so high, but the reality of that RED was stunning.

The other one which really grabbed my attention was the RG670AH-NTF seen here on the right. That natural Ash is gorgeous.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Yeah the 670s are awesome too. Ibanez needs to release 1 or 2 models of the genesis collection every year imo. If they rerelease old colors like purple neon, Laser blue, that crazy light purple 770, I think Ibanez can go head to head with Fender in the "vintage" market, only because vintage fenders cost so much and these are VERY affordable in comparison.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do the necks feel compared to old school lacquer-finish wizard necks? I have a super wizard on my 2550 and that's fast but those old school necks destroy my 2550's neck.
I still have a 1990 540Pii & I used to have a 1991 RG550DY. These necks are every bit as fast as my 540Pii. The lacquer on these Genesis is very light and it feels better than my 1991 RG550DY did. The lacquer on mine felt a little sticky sometimes, especially when I was in hot and/or humid conditions.

I found that because of the light lacquer on these plus the beautiful thinness of the neck the shreddability of these Guitars was about as sweet as you could dream for.

And the Trems!!!! DAMN!!!!!! You'll see the Trems in full flight on the video once I've had a chance to edit it.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Oh so they did use lacquer on these. Didnt expect that :D

These are original edges right? How are they different than the Edge on my 93 550CA? Did they make any adjustments to make them even better?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh so they did use lacquer on these. Didnt expect that :D

These are original edges right? How are they different than the Edge on my 93 550CA? Did they make any adjustments to make them even better?
Well, by lacquer I mean there is a light finish to seal the wood on the back of the necks. They are sweet, smooth and delisious. I can't think of a better way to put it.

The trems are original. I don't know of any changes other than the "licenced Floyd Rose system" branding is no longer on there. If there is something else that's changed I'm not aware of it. They are so smooth and fluid to bend with.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I've seen so many different angles of the VC now that I'm glad I didnt get it (and got my purple neon 560 instead). It doesn't change color like I had hoped (whereas my purple neon, in different angles gets a blue tint). I do want the RFR though :lol:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
How different are they from the 20th anni 550's?

i have a 20th rfr, the dy is calling me.
From what I can tell, they aren't much different. Did the 20th have the super wizard neck and original edge bridge? If it did, then it's just a cheaper 20th. I dont know alot about the 20th so :?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts