Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you think a matching headstock would have looked better?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think a matching headstock would have looked better? At first I thought it would have but then I thought it maybe would have been a bit too much. Anyway, just curious what other people think.

http://****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/eg/products/test/JS2400WH.gif

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have white JSs ever had white headstocks?
Yeah, that's what I thought too at a certain point. But then again, they've never had white pickups. ;) So that's kind of why I initially thought a matching headstock would be cooler. But then I thought it would be too much white... It would kind of look like a cloud in the shape of a JS. lol

Headstocks should always match.
I in general prefer the look of a matching headstock, too. It's just too cool.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
a white headstock looked better because it has white pickups and chrome hardware. if they were black, a black headstock would have been right.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The head should defintiively have been white - what's the point of having matching white pickups but not headstock ?

MarkE H/S/H JS1s had matching headstock.

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts

I never knew that those had matching headstocks...That actually looks very cool, I have to say.
Exactly, that's how the JS2400 should have looked. I simply don't understand the aesthetic idea behind matching the pickups to the body colour and NOT matching the headstock to anythign else on the guitar. (with perhaps the exception of the plastic switch tip?!?!?)

·
Registered
706 Posts
The headstock mismatch here on the JS2400 is not nearly as bad as the blonde headstock on the silver JS1600.

The 1600 really could've used a silver headstock... oh well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I, too, would prefer a white headstock on the JS2400.

But would the black headstock prevent me from buying one? Absolutely not. I *really* will be looking to acquire one of these babies.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Totally agree with the matching miss on the 1600!!!!
This one should've been matching as well and that JS1 pick looks sweet!

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts

I never knew that those had matching headstocks...That actually looks very cool, I have to say.
I have one of these and the white headstock does make it match better in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about the white paint is that unlike the Jems it fades to yellow over time. I wish mine was pure white not yellow white. Otherwise white JS's are my favorite.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
If you don't like your white JS then sell it to me. I like the faded effect over time. Aside from that, this thread is pointless IMO.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I could either way on this one.

IMHO, the black headstock blends well with the darkness of the rosewood fingerboard. In the same way I think guitars with maple boards look fine with unfinished maple headstocks (e.g. Fenders)

I do like headstocks that are finished to match the body but with this guitar's white finish, I could go either way. If this guitar had a white body, maple board and black headstock, I think that would look bad IMHO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts