Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I just found out that next year the JEM555 will be re-issued. In black and in white. Obviously there still is a demand for these models.

Myst

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Well.. not everyone can afford a Jem7V and there's probably waaayy too many people out there that went and bought a Chinese knock-off Jem. A Jem555 is still a whole lot better than one of thise knock-offs.

Heck, I'd buy one just to beat up on stage.. (come to think of it.. Didn't Steve Vai do the same thing with the Jem 555 he had?)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol:

I don't know if a left handed one comes out, but that's probably something a lot of people would get exited about too (Fettouhi?).

Myst

·
Registered
711 Posts
i am actually glad to hear this. i would much rather see a kid go and buy one of these than a chibanez. plus, i have no doubt it is a good guitar. though it isn't a 7v, it is still a nice choice for either less experienced players, or those who are on a budget.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm thinking for the price of these in the US, a kid should just put that money towards a 1570 or something, I'm guessing the 555 will be priced around $700 new.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
The 555 was only discontinued in the North American market (USA and Canada) and it has been available in the other markets all along, not really sure what Myst is getting so excited about as we've always had them here and they are terrible value for money.
555 here cost double what a RG1570 costs

If you go to Ibanez.com and select let's say UK as your country you can see the spec there.

Edge pro bridges are used on Japanese made guitars, Edge Pro II on Korean, Edge III on Indonesian.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts