Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the first time I had ever heard White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. I read a bit about the song and listened to the original. Someone made a good decision to use that song while "adapting" the second half as a transition into the Matrix theme because it works really well! As effective as generic trailer music can be, a little bit of extra thought and imagination can go a long way too. I hope it's a good movie. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the first movie, hated the second and third parts with a fiery passion and then luckily the trauma of having viewed them was eased with selective amnesia ;)

I love the look of this trailer, but it's going to very, very hard to see how they can recover from the point they left the last trilogy with the same characters...

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a huge fan of the first movie, hated the second and third parts with a fiery passion and then luckily the trauma of having viewed them was eased with selective amnesia ;)

I love the look of this trailer, but it's going to be very, very hard to see how they can recover from the point they left the last trilogy with the same characters...
You are not the first person to share that sentiment for the 2nd and 3rd movies.
I know nothing, but it seems like it would be really hard to make a trailer look that good for a terrible movie. There is plenty of symbolism in the trailer to suggest how "things" might be different or the same in this movie compared to the others. If that attention to detail is put in the trailer, I imagine the plot was not neglected. That does not mean I'm right though. ;)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
That was the first time I had ever heard White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.
😲😲😲😲😲 I'm shocked! Definitely an odd song... and I'm really not a fan of the hippy trippy type of music, but I figured everyone had heard that song multiple times. Even if it was in the supermarket or an elevator... like Hotel California, lol!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm kinda with Jono on this - the first film was excellent, the rest bit more 'meh'.

When I saw this trailer, my first thought was that John Wick was back after taking care of the people who killed his dog 😁.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts