Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight is the first night i have had internet access in about 2 weeks! the basement was torn apart to build my office. we put up the framing to separate the basement from this smaller part, finally found someone to drywall and mud and tape, etc. i painted, cleaned.... what a mess!.... and it's close to done. it will always be a cool work in progress and now the next step is soundproofing and putting doors in. you can't see the 4'X4' soundbooth around the corner. This area isn't designed for live band recording, more like one track at a time, based off one of my favorite studios i recorded in years ago. this area will be used for all my photo / video / and pro tools work. once the smoke clears i will place ads for pro tools multitrack recording time... big discount to jemsiters if you're in the Chicago area! hehe. these aren't the best pics...taken from iphone... but here ya go. the one wall is deep blue and the other is an off-beige. was thinking to make it a blue/purple, who knows. choosing the right color was rough. throw rugs will add to it along with soundproof foam. i'm done with house work stuff for awhile!!!!!

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Nice office mate. :) Colour combo is great. We have a couple of Denim feature wall/off white rest of walls rooms in our place, including my little music room/office.

That's one thing I wish we had a lot of in Australia - basements. They are not nearly as common here as they are in the US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts