Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 3489 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
jaxadam, thanks! The D7000 looks very cool. I think you're going to enjoy it. I just wouldn't buy it w/ the kit lens though. The 18-105mm is a bit dull - bad build quality and not so good optics.

Rotti, yes. That's fully open at 11mm. VERY wide!

shredmaster, thanks!

One from the Hudson valley:

New Croton Reservoir - Croton-on-Hudson, NY

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
jaxadam, thanks! The D7000 looks very cool. I think you're going to enjoy it. I just wouldn't buy it w/ the kit lens though. The 18-105mm is a bit dull - bad build quality and not so good optics.
I heard that about the kit lens. I'll probably just stick to the 18-55 VR that came with the D5000, an grab a 55-200 VR and 35 mm f/1.8.

I really, really love the D5000, but after holding the D7000, I felt a little more at home.

The D5000 is a great camera, but it is slightly on the smaller side for my hands.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Killswitch Engage, I don't know what you mean by complete since the full Arc de Triomphe is shown, as you can see here from another angle:

And there isn't much to see around it, as the Place Charles de Gaulle is just a big roundabout where 10 avenues meet (hence, there are always a lot of cars around spoiling the view):

Corner of Av. des Champs Elisées and Av. de Friedland

What's really interesting are the details on the Arc's walls:

Eddie_UV777, nice lomography! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Carlos Seo, I meant complete as in the rest of the building ;) I think the shot of the whole structure is much more interesting than just the figure carvings. Those inscriptions are awesome though! Looks like an amazing place to visit :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Killswitch Engage, then the shots I posted have satisfied your curiosity. I personally think that's the only thing interesting in the Arc de Triomphe are the carvings in the inner walls. The rest is pretty much the same as any other arc you can find in Europe. But that might be because I had to see this every day, maybe... :)

linuxpenguin, no, sorry, these are for commercial use. You can, however, request to license from Getty Images and then buy it from them.

Rotti, nice winter scenes!

One long-exposure shot (1m45s) at night:

2641 - 2660 of 3489 Posts