Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you like the splatter strats?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

What do you think of the splatter strats? I think it's very nice that they tried something different, but I don't really like they way they look. It's kind of confusing to my eyes. :confused: What do all of you think?

Kind regards,
Myst and rain

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
some look decent. others (pictured above) less so. mostly they're kind of a mess, especially to a bunch of ibanez guys who are used to gazing upon art-y swirls.

i do like that each is unique, though, and i imagine at some point in the (very) distant future they'll take on some degree of collectibility.

·
4,107 Posts
Looks like Hendrix puked on it. But at least it is something new, and looks like something anyone could pretty easily do, which is cool.

·
4,107 Posts
Actually, Darren swirled the "Bowling Ball Strats" long before he ever touched an Ibanez, they were just too stupid to realize what they had. And they couldn't get a machine to do it.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
This "splatter" paint ain't new for them either...... I don't recall how long ago it was but they have done these before! Gilk's dead on about Darren and Fender..... Ibanez DNA what????? it was still a dream.

·
4,107 Posts
Daaayummmm!! I keep looking and looking through all the 60's strats, I love them to death but they just don't feel right in my hands, too chunky for my little paws, but I still want another one. I sold my 72 Olympic White with the maple board about a year ago.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts