Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what any of you had owned one of these thought of them. I played one today and was impressed, i didn't think i would like it because it has the beefier neck but i loved it. What is the deal with seymoure ibz pickups, what happened to dimarzio ? did a contract go up or dimarzio get cross ways with ibanez?

Thoughts, comments, anything on them ?

one last thing, is the finish on the worn brown one pertty stable, it seems to be satain finished and i was wondering if anyone had had problems with it being smoothed down into more standard gloss like, i know the fenders and epiphones had thier problems with satain finishes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just bought an SZ, it's such a nice guitar. Very cool hardware, the stock pickups sound great, i don't think i'll change them. I have mine in black so i'm not sure about the finish you are thinking of, but i think the finish will hold up well, because the gothic gibson finish is different.

Here's some pics:

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've got my rgs but i could use a solid fixed bridge, for dropped tuning, standard is just about all i normally use with my rgs since they have floyds and they are set up right.

I hate going below c and even then i really dont like c but being able to switch around a lot is something i want to be able to do.

The gold top, :D i never liked the gold top finish on any guitar myself. As for a comparison the rg's wizard necks are a little slimmer and less chuncky than the sz, i also like the chuncky body the sz has.

·
Registered
725 Posts
the 2005 SZ models are worth the asking price. the pickup upgrades are rather timely because the Duncan Ibanez models are more wholesome in performance, they don't have inclinations towards a particular frequency. however, these remain to be korean units & might be an acquired taste to some.

i shouldn't be talking about the SZ2020 here since there's a dedicated Prestige thread elsewhere, but this model is another solid performer. i especially invested in one because of the pickups- these are the ones modelled after Duncan's Distortion (b) & '59 (n), & are made in USA- & the overall satin feel which is less grainy than the abovementioned 320.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts