Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
It's not ugly, it's awesome.

Maybe not an original design, but if you get your hands on a Rex Bogue doubleneck anyt time soon, let me know...

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
+1 on that V. never liked the look of that one. i don't like the standard Ibanez headstock on the IC200 either. it ruins it for me. i'll take the IC400 any day of week though having the original headstock but it needs the pickguard.
"one mans trash is another mans treasure".
i don't care for that dbl neck. it's cool but nothing that inspires me to play.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
:confused: But it's not even an original design?! Oh well, a matter of taste. :wink:

Myst
It's a reissue of the '70's Artwood doublenecks. What's not original about it, that Gibson made a guitar with 2 necks first? It's based on the shape that would become the Artist, so the shape, headstock, inlays, layout, etc are all original to Ibanez.

On the price question, these listed at 10 grand, and I don't know what they sell for, or if any are still available. The originals pop up on occasion (there are VERY few of them) in the 3 to 5 grand range.

jim

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree; I think it's pretty ugly. But I don't like double necks, I always think they look a bit silly and unwieldy.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
It's a reissue of the '70's Artwood doublenecks. What's not original about it, that Gibson made a guitar with 2 necks first? It's based on the shape that would become the Artist, so the shape, headstock, inlays, layout, etc are all original to Ibanez.

jim
Well, at least visually it is a pretty close copy of the doubleneck Rex Bogue built for John McLaughlin between '72 and '73:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts