Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted a thread called "You know you're addicted to guitars when..."

People seemed to like it on here, and so I thought I'd share this one with you.

Some rules of Jemsite that aren't officially rules, but either should be or already are from the member's point of view. :D

Here are some of mine:

1. Pictures are mandotory.

2. All famous guitarists posting MUST be swamped with requests for special signature models.

3. One should NOT give up on requesting for an Ibanez custom shop.

4. Abbreviations such as IMO, NGD, NAD, FTW, LOL, etc. are the preferred option over the english language.

5. 1-3 page long arguments between two members must be carried out at least monthly in order to maintain public interest. :D

Anyone else got some they'd like to share? :)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Never use the search function - We can never have enough threads about what Dimarzios to put in an RG

The best setup for someone who plays jazz, metal, shred, country, blues, Gilbert, Satriani, Vai, rock, is an Ibanez with real dimarzios and a Rectifier

We can always use more requests for maple boards and neon colors

Want to find out about new inlays or a custom fretboard for your RG350? Never ask vendors, start a(nother) new thread about it. That way instead of a solid answer you get suggestions and best guesses on a price.

If no one responds to your thread within 15 minutes, but it back to the top and ask "Anyone?"

Anything that isn't a Jem is overpriced

If all else fails, blame Fender.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Never use the search function - We can never have enough threads about what Dimarzios to put in an RG

The best setup for someone who plays jazz, metal, shred, country, blues, Gilbert, Satriani, Vai, rock, is an Ibanez with real dimarzios and a Rectifier

We can always use more requests for maple boards and neon colors

Want to find out about new inlays or a custom fretboard for your RG350? Never ask vendors, start a(nother) new thread about it. That way instead of a solid answer you get suggestions and best guesses on a price.

If no one responds to your thread within 15 minutes, but it back to the top and ask "Anyone?"

Anything that isn't a Jem is overpriced

If all else fails, blame Fender.
Spot on Cid !!:D

You also could have mentioned that all new members have to start a new thread about 1 of the 2 below subjects

1. Why are Jem's so expensive?
2. Is a Jem really better than a RG350

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
New members must ask questions in the verify section of the forum and get upset when no one replies because we can't.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Spot on Cid !!:D

You also could have mentioned that all new members have to start a new thread about 1 of the 2 below subjects

1. Why are Jem's so expensive?
2. Is a Jem really better than a RG350
All great additions!

I would like to add:

What paint should i use to swirl?
What is F spaced?

:D

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
In he last few years the swirl o' mania broke out, so another rule:
if you want to be a good Jemsiter you have to swirl a guitar.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Remember never to post an ad in the sale area with a price and where you are located.
That would make things to easy.

Always remember to post your Jem Jr's (555's) in the Jem area , even though it says not to.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Here's a little mod secret, we had a discussion about the no 555s in the Jem section and decided to not enforce it. Although some other good rules would be

1)Read the rules before posting in the classifieds. The rules are very specific and clear, no auctions, prices and location are mandatory, 21 days between bumps, etc..

2)A 555 is not a 7, 77, or 777. You may have one and like it, but it is what it is. Buying a 555 and replacing the trem doesn't make it a 7, it makes it a 555 with an aftermarket trem.

3) We don't know what amp you should get. We know what amps we like personally, but that shouldn't have any effect on what you should buy.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Try checking the Ibanez Rules Tech section before posting another thread about why your Edge Pro won't stay in tune

What is the difference between an Edge, Lo-Pro and Edge Pro really???

1 - 20 of 117 Posts