Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have an AE 10 by Ibanez.
Since I'm playing without acoustic amp, I'm not at all satisfied!

The sound is thin and lifeless!

It was ok played over my previous Line6 Spider Amp, which I sold a couple of months ago. but heck, no matter what you send through a Spider amp, it all sounds the same! Too bad I don't have an acoustic amp but I hardly play acoustic anyway, so I just didn't see the need to buy one.

My AE 10 sits in its gig bag all the time, waiting to see an amp!!
I hardly play it anymore since I got a wonderful sounding Baton Rouge from my girl for my birthday.

May be a good choice if you have an acoustic amp but if you don't, don't buy one!!!

On the positive side: the neck is slimmer than usual and it's easy to play if you've grown up with electric guitars from the first day on (like me!)! My AE 10 is really nice to play!!
Since it's my cheapest electric guitar I usually take it with me on travels (which happens rarely since about 3 years) or to meetings with my dog forum, where I play the guitar at the camp fire.
If it breaks, I don't care! I have my Baton Rouge and in spite of being a low budget acoustic guitar, it sounds so friggin' fantastic, that I wouldn't trade it in for an Ovation!

My Ibanez AE 10:

My Baton Rouge:

·
Registered
704 Posts
ESP LTD Michael Wilton MW-DC1E Acoustic Electric

Queensrÿcheʼs guitarist Michael Wilton gets the honor of having the first Signature Series acoustic model from ESP with the LTD MW-DC1E. Itʼs a cutaway dreadnought shape with a spalted maple body top, back & sides, a B-Band T-55 4-band preamp with onboard tuner, diamond abalone inlays and a custom abalone/pearloid inlay at the 12th fret.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.