Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have played on my Squier Strat for some years now, and i think its about time to buy something new. I was trying a s520ex in the store and i liked it very much.

But it would be nice to get some second opionions about this guitar. I really dont know much about guitars.
What is the major differences between the S520ex and the RG series (in the same price range), and also the SZ320 which i also tried in the store (and must say i did not think was the same pleasure to play with).

I understand that this guitar is made to play metal? How does it play other musicstyles?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Congrats, man. That's a good buy you've made. But anyway, the major differences between the S and and RG in the same price range are

22 frets verses 24 frets
mahogany verses basswood
zr trem verses edge pro II/edge III
different shaped bodies

The differences between the S and a SZ would be the neck scale length (25.5 verses 25.1) and a fixed bridge as compared to a floating bridge.

But personally, I think you made the right decision. Have fun with that new guitar!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

I really didnt try any RG models, i tried a RG350 something, did not like it as much as the S520EX. I figured that i could go on forever testing new guitars, i am very bad at making these descisions :) .
Therefore i picked up the S520ex since it felt nice to play on (did not sound bad either).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts