Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone, I'm back. And no longer am I concerned with my pau ferro fingerboard. However, I am forced to wonder something. This guitar I recently purchased is supposedly an RG670. But I don't think it is. Can anyone positively identify this guitar?

http://www.geocities.com/dark_angelic_savior/images/newguitar.jpeg

As you can clearly see, the pickups are pickguard-mounted, and I've never seen an RG670 with a pickguard, except for this alleged one. It supposedly has the original neck on it, however the hardware was changed from gold to chrome. Looks like a Lo-Pro Edge on there, doesn't it? Infinity pickups, too. But with a top like that? And what color finish is that? With a mirrored pickguard? On an RG670? It just doesn't add up, does it? The stamp on the back of the headstock reads "E503766", which might have been why the previous owner seems to think it may have been an European import. However, I'm not sure if that's even the original neck. Anyway, any help on unraveling this mystery will be greatly appreciated. And even if you don't know what it is or think you will have any idea, it's worth a look, as I think it's quite a looker. Thanks!

- Stray
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah that is nice actually. A very nice looker. I think the MODs that have been done to it are very good ones. That chrome Lo-Pro has made it look alot nicer, and that scratchplate that was added has made it look nicer too. But then again I am a big fan of scratchplates. I just think nearly all guitars should have one.

But yeah, i really like it. It kinda reminds me (before pic) of an RG3120.
Gary - The.Godfather

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , funny thing is, I was actually looking to buy an RG3120. But my cousin insists I teach him to play, so he was scouring eBay in search a cheaper guitar, and I stumbled upon this one. Anyway, he doesn't want to pay over $200 for a guitar, and he insists on having something he can play some Vai on. So we've been searching for an RG270-RG270 for him, since that's the only thing I can think of that that's anywhere near capable of doing that in his price range. But anyway, I haven't decided whether I'm going to put Evos in it, or a Tone Zone/PAF Pro setup like the 3120 has. I'm kinda more partial to the 3120's pickups, since even though I am a huge Vai fan, Evos are more or less his signature pickups, and I'd rather not be a copycat. Eh, anyway, everybody uses Evos these days. But yeah, I kinda like the pickguard. Anybody have any idea what the finish name and suffix (i.e. black is BK, Twilight Blue is TW, etc.) for this guitar is? Thanks!

- Stray
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts