Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys (and the few ladies),

I have been wanting a lizard swirl ever since i saw those beautifull DNA's. Even before i saw a bit of lizard with GMC's and even a bit on one of Steve's prototype UVMC.
The lizard swirl is typically Darren's style and extremely difficult to do.

The smartest thing to do is to contact Darren from ATD and ask for a lizard swirl, but we all know Darren is very difficult to reach and i've been told from posts here that he no longer swirls guitars.

That leaves other swirlers. I contacted a dozen of them and some of them could do a little lizard, but not enough to control the swirl or make it beautifull enough that i wanted it.

Then a great man wrote me an e-mail and i sended a UV alder body to him. I won't reveal his name here, but all will be clear soon.

I received pictures of the swirl just a few days ago and it just blew my mind. Such great detail and EXACTLY as i wanted it. Just bloody amazing.

What do you guys think?

·
4,107 Posts
Wow Brosa, that is just perfect lizarding! I'm not crazy about the blobs of color, I like them a little busier with more of a flow, but that's just my taste. Regardless, that lizard effect is just jaw-droppingly perfect. Actually, as far as the lizard goes, I don't think it could be better. Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I'm not crazy about the blobs of color, I like them a little busier with more of a flow
i would like busier colors with more flow.
I feel the same way. If that was mine, I'd be kinda dissapointed in terms of the swirl itself and ask him to redo it. The back is better than the front, but it still could have been so much more beautiful.

But if you are happy, Sam, then that's all that matters. Congratulations. :)

Alwin

·
Registered
953 Posts
I know people have commented on the patten.. but I will say I'm sure you are very happy and rightly so!
Congrats,
Jim

·
Registered
600 Posts
BROSA!

Dude its amazing. I love it just for the fact its different from all the rest. I like the blob style of it. Who ever did that lizard technique has it down. I'm very impressed with the swirler.

The thing is as long as you are happy thats all that matters.

TT

·
Registered
121 Posts
The lizard is absolutely fantastic. I don't like the swirl pattern on the front of the guitar but on the back it is quite nice. How much you like it is all that matters however.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts