Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
That paintjob is really not my cup of tea, does not look like a swirl at all. But that is just my opinion, the most important thing is that you are happy with it.
Yes, opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has them and they all smell...

:lol:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
No its flat, It could have been, but unless your going to only play them in the dark they wont last anywhere near as long as flat colors even with UV protection clear. Look at some of the originals alraedy they look pastel, not to say that thats a bad thing. look at dynorod vans they have been know to cause eye damage on day one then they look like dusty red then they look pink then flat pink then almost white and they need to be resprayed. so in colclusion flat not neon. I think I just wanted to type?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks Alan.

Here's another update. Some pictures of the birdseye maple neck with DNA inlay. The luthier Jaden Rose makes the neck and fretboard, so props up for Jaden! Looking great so far.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
hehe, now the whole of jemsite can see the mess I made of my dining table :lol:
oiling that neck is really gonna bring out those birdseyes !

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
she understands that sacrifices must be made at the altar of custom guitar !
:lol:

besides its all beaten up and needs sanding and refinishing !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh man that lizard finish is absolutely beautiful, and the clear coat on it really makes the colors gel more. Make me wanna try that out on my guitar, but i'd rather just buy a body blank and get a nice neck like that gent did. Awesome Neck BTW, do you have any pics of the finished guitar all together?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Unfortunately not. Ibanez is very slow in delivering parts. Jaden still waits for the chrome tuners and locking nut. More than two months just to order a couple of tuners is just wrong.

Here's the last picture with inlay and jumbo frets:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts