Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a cool little story from Thursday. I got to hang out with Dave Weiner Thursday and we were troubleshooting an issue he was having with his rig. We decided to update his AxeFX to v8 to see if it solved the problem. Thomas was around and asked if I'd update Steve's too. Sure!

Sorry, too cool not to share...

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Nice! Since you were good enough to help them get the updates, did they return the favor and let you download all their patches??

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I hope you got all their patches and if you did, I would expect you to share them with the rest of us :wink:

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know, downloading their patches never crossed my mind. In Dave's case his patches are pretty basic, he only uses it for modulation, reverb, etc. He doesn't use the modeling at all. Vai doesn't use the modeling either, and his patches are set up to duplicate the crazy Eventide stuff he uses in his older tunes. If you got them, you'd be surprised how useless they would probably be if you weren't covering his tunes.

fwd0120, Dave and I became buddies between lessons, helping him with his riff of the week stuff and just general guitar/recording/apple nerdery.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You know, downloading their patches never crossed my mind.
And good for you too, karma would have caught up to you. To me, that kind of stuff is such a personal thing. Not to mention the breach of trust to Dave and Steve, if it was uploaded on to the net.

Thanks for the cool story.

-Wolfram

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And good for you too, karma would have caught up to you. To me, that kind of stuff is such a personal thing. Not to mention the breach of trust to Dave and Steve, if it was uploaded on to the net.

Thanks for the cool story.

-Wolfram
Completely agree. I took some very nice HD video of sound check and won't be posting that for the same reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts