Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Im new to the forums. Anyway, some years have passed and there is some money to spend on a new precious. So heres the deal. Im ready to spend between 600-900€ on a "new" guitar. Ive been following ebay like sites for some time now and have picked my favorites. Unfortunately Im not a gear expert so i need your help.

Im looking for a guitar suited for playing rock/funk/hard rock/prog metal/fusion.

I very much like the San Dimas Style 2 (USA). The price is 800 and €900. I know the guitars dont have a volume knob and have heard the floyd goes out of tune fast. Can somebody confirm/deny that?

The second one is an ESP HORIZON custom, built in 91. Price at 750€.

The 3rd option is the Ibanez FGM. Either 100 or 400. Dont know what the differences are. The prices ranging between 500-800€.

4th option is a Hamer Diablo made in USA, year 93.

And the 5th one is the MANNE TAOS.

Very different guitars, I know. :) Im just not sure which one to buy. Based on quality only, what would be the guitar of your choice (out of those listed ofcourse ) ?

Thanks,

greets from Slovenija.

P.S. Im sorry I cant post links to the guitars

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
The Charvel's do have a volume knob, but no tone knob. The Floyd Rose would not go out of tune fast unless someone has done a terrible job setting it up! I'd go with the San Dimas, those recent Charvels are absolutely brilliant guitars for the money.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If it were me I'd choose between the Charvel and the Hamer. Play them both and then choose - the Charvel necks are very nearly unfinished in feel, and have a compound radius fretboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts