Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well basicly i'm looking for some kind of muilt-FX, amp modeler that is floor based. I do not want a POD or V-amp2 or anything else similar that is the pod shaped/sized unit. I would like to keep it at around 200. So far i have looked around, did a few forum searchs, read some reviews and listened to a few sound clips. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Toneworks ax1500g and i just discovered the Zoom GFX5 today. I would like to get some thoughts of both, or a possible alternative.

I would say that the amp modeling sounds are a little more important the the effects if I had to chose one area over the other. I like the lay out of the Korg better then the zoom and it looks to me like something i would enjoy messing around with more then the zoom but I don't have the ablity to try either cuz no shop around here has either. Everybody around here just has a pod usually, a Gt-8 or a Vox Tonelab. The Vox looked nice but the extra 200 or more $'s doesn't really interest me right now.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I have an ax1000 g which is almost identical to the 1500 and I love the things tones. Youll get solid amp models out of it and it is effects laden, the only thing on it i dont really like is the pitch shifting effects and the only pitch shifter Ive ever really liked was the digitech whammy pedal anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.