Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
there are too many guitarrist ouet there that can play better than some... a list is not a fact its jsut an opinion, there will never be a list that is 100% true because there are a lot of reasons of what makes a good guitarrist... lists are lies...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, the omission of Shawn Lane is ghastly, but I think the man had more cred than to be simply labelled as a 'shredder'. The list isn't for the fastest, but for the GREATEST, the most influential, if you will. For that, Yngwie truly deserves the top spot.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ironical Communion said:
Yeah, the omission of Shawn Lane is ghastly, but I think the man had more cred than to be simply labelled as a 'shredder'. The list isn't for the fastest, but for the GREATEST, the most influential, if you will. For that, Yngwie truly deserves the top spot.
i agree with yngwie being first (shudders), but the fact the Lane could tear anyone apart, play much more intricate lines at a ridiculous speed as well, and wrote MUCH better/listenable music (personal opinion here. fusion is tops!)should at least put him on that list. maybe not as influential, but certainly deserving of a spot.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
vette6600 said:
i agree with yngwie being first (shudders), but the fact the Lane could tear anyone apart, play much more intricate lines at a ridiculous speed as well, and wrote MUCH better/listenable music (personal opinion here. fusion is tops!)should at least put him on that list. maybe not as influential, but certainly deserving of a spot.
Shawn could really play anything :).

Regards

André

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.