Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a cheap used JS100. The tremolo bar collet (I think thats the little piece inside) is cracked so I have been searching for a replacement bar. The bridge says LO-TRS Trem II. If I do find a bar that looks like it will work, people are trying to sell them for $50 and over which seems really high.

From the back is has "JS100" serial C6080659" Made in Korea. I am also open as a last resort to replace the bridge altogether but seeing that my kid only paid a couple hundred bucks for the guitar I am hesitant to dump a lot of money into it.

Any ideas where I can find a replacement bar that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg?

I found one on Guitar Center that seems like it will fit but it's black and my kid's trem looks like more of a dark nickel color. I am too new in the community to post links so I can only describe the part on GC. Item #: 1292606661761

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
The generic on GC says it fits the trs2 so that should work. The bends won't be the same but beggars can't be choosey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. GC wanted tax and 5 bucks shipping. Musicians Friend was no tax and free shipping. Go figure...thought one of them owned the other. ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts