Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
trem setup-wedging

as part of setting up a fully floating trem, i know that you are meant to wedge it then increase the spring tension until its supporting itself at the correct height, but heres a question, what do you people use as a perfect wedge, because the closest i can get is my slide, which is a smidge too fat!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You don't have to wedge it. If it is leaning on the body, the string tension will pull it up eventuall. If it is too high, you can tighten the springs until it is pulled to parallel. Wedging is not needed.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I do wedge it, and find it a helluvalot simpler than doing the whole spend and hour tuning, adjust springs, tune, springs, tune, spring routine

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I've been known to use a 9V battery, a plastic bottle cap or a folded piece of cardboard to wedge my Edge and Floyd trems.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found the perfect trem wedge!!! find a 1 piece golf ball, saw it in half and voila! perfect size and its soft n grippy against the body!! perfection!

·
Registered
219 Posts
i use a miniature spirit level. believe it or not, it is the exact right size to fir in the cavities of my 560 and 570. when its in, the trem only rises by a tiny fraction of a tone and doesnt lower into the space behind it at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts