Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i've recently bought the new trem arm (screw in) for the mod described in the tutorial thread.

(http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34038&highlight=tutorial+trem)
*didn't want to revive such an old thread*

Now... as i'm trying to unscrew the nut from the actual trem arm holder... i'm noticing that the nut itself wont seperate and unscrew from the holder. What should i be using to get the nut off so i can get the existing holder out of the guitar and replace it with the new one. Are there any other ways to get the holder out, and do I have to take the trem out of the guitar to do this mod? (the old tutorial thread says i don't).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
if in doubt take the trem off so you can see what is going on. maybe take a picture. then you'll probably need an open end wrench, crescent wrench and/or pliers... glen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^thing is i'm kind of frightened to actually take the tremolo OUT of the guitar. Is it really that hard to do? I mean if i could do it, it would be much easier to just take an open wrench and get the nut off... but as i said i'm a bit scared of taking the trem out since i've never done that before, and the tutorial said it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
w00t. I successufully took out the trem and removed the nut and the holder. However, now i can't seem to get the holder i bought to fit into the threaded hole i have where the trem holder used to be. The threads of the hole seem to be blocking it from sliding all the way down into the cavity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts