Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(i´m sorry for repeating this text again, but it was in another post, that no one replied... :( )

hi, i´m new here, english is not my mother language, so excuse me if i´ll do some kind of "language-mistake"!

i always take out the tremolo arm when i´m not playing, ´cause some days ago i left it for 2 days in the case, and i noticed that the bridge was a little "pushed-down", because the arm touch the case... (i hope it didn´t made anything bad to the springs, i think not).

anyway, because the arm is always getting in and out in the bridge, the washers may suffer a little, so it´s not too stiff as it was a month ago (the guitar is new). i also noticed that there is a ind of a "gap", it´s a question of not even a milimeter, but the arm is not 1000000% stick to the bridge (i hope you get my idea, it´s like you "feel" the arm with a very very little space inside the hole, that lets it 0,000001 milimeter gap) . is it normal due to the use?

thank you!

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
wonderman said:
but in a month, i thought the washers should keep in perfect conditions for longer time...
Not so sure about that. I go through those plastic washers continusly! When I go to the music store, I always pick up how ever many they have. If you use your trem a lot, your just going to have to face the fact you'll be replacing the washers quite frequently....In fact - I am replacing mine again tonight before we practice;)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Washers don't long

I've found a useful solution is cutting a small round piece (~15mm diameter) of plastic bag - like the bag daddario strings come in,

Place the plastic over the hole and push the bar in - this works and lasts for ages

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
markg5150 said:
Washers don't long

I've found a useful solution is cutting a small round piece (~15mm diameter) of plastic bag - like the bag daddario strings come in,

Place the plastic over the hole and push the bar in - this works and lasts for ages
Interesting idea....I may have to try that one;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
How long do the washers keep the tremolo bar in condition?(i want the trem bar not to fall down when i don't hold it in my hand,i want the trem bar to stay in one point,how long does it take with new washers?)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
canneerr said:
How long do the washers keep the tremolo bar in condition?(i want the trem bar not to fall down when i don't hold it in my hand,i want the trem bar to stay in one point,how long does it take with new washers?)
Entirely depends upon how much you use your trem. I use my trem a lot and so I have to replace them a lot. Pretty easy to tell when you need to replace them. It's really personal preference. I never let mine get to the point where the trem just drops. To me that's too far gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.