Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My english isnt super well, hope you guys understand what my problem is.
So I have a used JEM here from 2000 or something. I wanted to setup it however I cant get the action as low as I want it to be, and thats mainly cause of the reason that I cant go lower with the edge since the screw will stop here. The strange part is that the screw on the site of the high e-string can go lower than the one on the low e-string - is that normal? If so - why? If its not normal: did the base gets losend alittle or what happend, any idear?

The setting isnt bad overall, but if I woud be able to set the trem slightly lower (not much) it woud be perfect.

Greetings

·
Registered
42 Posts
There should be a tiny locking screw inside the post screw. You have to unscrew that first by a couple of turns.
After adjusting the height lock the trem again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be a tiny locking screw inside the post screw. You have to unscrew that first by a couple of turns.
After adjusting the height lock the trem again.
That explains alot, I guess that was my problem then. Man holy I have like 10 Ibanez guitars and never needed to setup one of these.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah See I didnt know that.
Well if I'm going to adjust that - anything to take special care about? Can I do something rly bad or something?
ty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts