Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I picked up a 7 string body that looks to be copied from an Ibanez (all access type neck heel and other similarities). I'm searching for a trem for it and nothing fits. It has a 73mm post spacing and no 7 string tremolo I can find has this.

Someone told me that Ibanez uses or used to use this post-spacing. Can anyone confirm this? If so, what tremolo(s) have this spacing? I'd prefer it if it was not a locking trem, but I'd love any leads.
I looked at IBZ's parts cataloge, but they don't list post spacing. There was a 7 string tremolo in 2002 called the "TZ" tremolo that looks promising.

Alternatively, is there a source for a replacement body that has an all access type heel (Warmoth uses std strat heels) as I already have the neck that goes with it?

Thanks muchly,
DB

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That doesn't sound right for an Ibanez type 7 string post-spacing at all.

My Ibanez 7's have Lo-Pro Edge trems and the post-spacing (centre to centre) is aprroximately 85mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If there is no 73mm trem (non-locking), I wonder if I could dowel the holes and redrill...

Thanks for the info. Anybody else know about any other trems that have the right spacing?
DB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts