Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jemsiters,
Im now offering true temperament necks as part of complete guitar builds or I can just supply a neck in many styles.
currently im not doing the fretwork here as it is very time consuming but I have the relevant information to send unfretted necks to TT and get them back ready to play, including where the inlays will overlap the fretwork etc.

so, im sure you will all want to know the costs involved in buying to the true temperament perfect intonation system.
prices are the cost of the neck you would buy from me PLUS Circa (depends on fret job required) £350.
this will mean that necks with a TT fret job will cost around the £500-£600 mark.

I am an official TT dealer - please see their website list of dealers here: http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php?go=8&sgo=4

Mail me at [email protected] for more details.
perhaps you just want an up to date Flo or Evo rep - both are now being played with TT necks, just check the jemini vid !

Cheers

Jaden

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Good to hear! :D

I have tried those necks, and it felt like playing with regular frets - just more in tune. :) This is very tempting indeed, especially since I've got an RG750 body with no neck... :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd never heard of this system but after reading the website I'm truly intrigued, it always annoys me that apparently moveable chords go out of tune when moving up the neck and this system claims to rectify that.

One thing I wonder though, what is bending like on those frets?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Can they be done in stainless? I love the idea of both stainless, and true temperament, but theres no info I've found on combining the two.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i wonder why big players like gilbert, satch and petrucci aren't into this kinda stuff? i mean, it doesn't look like you need to alter your playing technique much and if i could afford it, i'd get it.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Jaden has mentioned on another forum that Paul Gilbert has/is getting one guitar done up with these frets.

Guitar players quite often don't like change much. It can take some time for new evolved designed to get picked up (if they are lucky to get picked up at all).

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I want this done, but I wonder whether or not playing with another guitarist without the TT system would get funky? I got to admit though it's cool.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
It's actually a pretty sweet setup. I talked to the guy who invented that at NAMM for like two hours. You don't get much options like fret size though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts