Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i try to put the allen key in the hole and turn it, it doesnt turn. Its too tight for my hand to turn it. I can assure I am using the right allen key. I want to know if there’s any oil or liquid that I can apply to smoothen it a little. If not, what else can I do. Any help is appreciated.

·
Vendor
26,527 Posts
If this is a new guitar I suggest an immediate return. If you bought used thru ebay etc, return. If you can't trun it by hand it's f'd. you're either going to round out the truss rod end, but more likely you're going to snap the rod.

If you can't return it, vou'd have to clamp in into backbow and then try and tighten it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When i try to put the allen key in the hole and turn it, it doesnt turn. Its too tight for my hand to turn it. I can assure I am using the right allen key. I want to know if there's Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire any oil or liquid that I can apply to smoothen it a little. If not, what else can I do. Any help is appreciated.
If you bought used thru ebay etc, return. If you can't trun it by hand it's f'd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts