Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard or played this and have any impressions? I'm going to try it out but it's a two hour drive to guitar center and it may help to have some impressions ahead of time. It hardly has any videos or reviews, which makes me nervous. It's in my current budget though.

I'm also investigating an orange tiny terror combo but I'm worried it won't have enough clean headroom and I don't want to have to roll off the guitar volume all the time. It sounds great for screaming guitar and rock rhythm, but a clean signal with an OD pedal might not be possible.

They both seem like two completely different categories of amps. I also tried the new Blues Junior III and while it had a really nice tone, the EQ's hardly did much and it really lacks the bass punch that I got with my AC15CC. It also seemed much less loud than the AC15. But, it had a nice crisp clean, great for OD pedals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like the sound of it in this demo:

I used to have a tiny terror combo which I sold because I wanted to get a head+cab. That was a great amp also, but lacked the ef. loop and it only had one channel, so the ibanez could be superrior here - it's also much cheaper.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the sound of it in this demo:

I used to have a tiny terror combo which I sold because I wanted to get a head+cab. That was a great amp also, but lacked the ef. loop and it only had one channel, so the ibanez could be superrior here - it's also much cheaper.
Yea, the price point is nice. The outputs to various cabinets are nice too. That IS a good demo, I'm nervous about not finding more demos/reviews. But, for a low end amp, the TSA15H seems to have a lot of features, well thought out.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What styles do you play? I've only fiddled with it briefly but I think it's a fine small/medium amp depending on the cab you use it with. It's got decent headroom, more than the TT but as you push the volume it does break up a little.
Other options to consider/compare might be the Blackstar HT-20 and the Peavey Classic 30

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What styles do you play? I've only fiddled with it briefly but I think it's a fine small/medium amp depending on the cab you use it with. It's got decent headroom, more than the TT but as you push the volume it does break up a little.
Other options to consider/compare might be the Blackstar HT-20 and the Peavey Classic 30
I like to solo over blues and other backing tracks for fun at home. I also like to kick it up for 80's style lead playing, like Vai backing tracks.

Our band is a cover band, everything from oldies through zepplin, 80's, 90's and a few modern songs. So, it's quite a demand for variety!

Classic 30 has come to mind! I never heard of the HT-20 but I'll read up on it.

Thanks!
Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.