Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wtb a smallish tube combo amp because i have to take it with me alot lol

Have about $600-$800. Never had a tube b4 cuz just borrowed friends tube head to put on my 4x12

From what i understand, the basic thing is that tube doesnt give the full tone untill it is realllly cranked for some modles and master vollume turned passt 4ish? (aka overdriven?)

I want a tube that i can get the best potential tone from without having people call the cops for disruption. (and i live in college dorms sometimes lol)

an attunator would allow me to achieve tone w/o the volume correct? Ive been looking at combos with one built into it like peavy Windsor™ Studio but i dont think that would be a heavy enough amp for my style.

or should i just not look for attunator when chosing modle i want?:confused:

sigh wtb Mark IV hah oh well

Have ibanez prestige with amazing dimarzio so need a good amp now

I like Vai's and petrucci's tone but realize no way to get near that on my budget, pluss i dont wanna coppy

BUGERA 6262-212, 6260-212, 333XL-212, B-52 AT-112 seem too good to be true for the price what u think?

OR what about a peavy, vox, engl (used) or a cheap boogie if i cld find one lol

but i still want 2 have decent tone without giving myself any more hearing damage lol (attunator)?

ty 4 the help dont want to make a bad finantial decision lol:)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I would opt for the used boogie.
Craigslist has them frequently enough, depending on your location.
I find my lil combo (Studio .22) fetching over $500 routinely. I lucked out and paid $300 back in the day from East Coast Music Mall. I saw a non EQ version going for $550.00 on Craigslist.
You just have to be diligent when hunting deals. Oh, Check the local Pawn Shops in your area, too. Harmony-Central.com's classifieds are a good place to hunt as well as the "Bay".
The other thing too, is if you grab a simple tube combo, drop an OD pedal in front to nudge up the signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts