Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right UK fans, Dave's said he could be up for doing a few UK dates after touring with Vai so we need to organise the tour.

We'll need:
- a few people to keep in charge of all the info,
- to decide what venues to book (try and book)

Post any comments here, lets try and get this on the go!

Joe

·
Registered
109 Posts
I live in Birmingham but I might be moving to Staffordshire (University, depending on A' level results) so I could investigate places in Staffordshire...I'm sure the University is known for booking top-quality acts and have quite a few venues around both of their campuses. Apparently they are one of very few Universities Peter Kay actually sets up shows. (not thats really relevant).

ANYWAY MOVING BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND!

I'll look for venues in Birmingham and Staffordshire.

Delfino

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live in between Brum and Wolverhampton.

Check Wolverhampton Civic (where i'm seeing Yngwie next week!!1!1!!!)

Dudley JB's, great club.

Birmingham Scruffy Murfy's

Stourbridge Rock Cafe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Carling acadamies too, they're everywhere. Plus they come in pairs, the big un's, and the Carling Academy 2 - which are smaller.

If Dave is coming over here then I can organize at least 5 gigs around the West Mids.

There gonna be a ton of venues in London.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right so far I've got:

Birmingham
Staffordshire

Sugarmill in Hanley

Manchester : Academy2, Academy3, Jilly's Rockworld

Wolverhampton Civic
Dudley JB's
Birmingham Scruffy Murfy's
Stourbridge Rock Cafe

Carling Academies (need to decide which ones, get info etc)

Does anyone have any ideas of how many dates we want to plan?
I was thinking, if the Carling Academies would book him (and why wouldnt they!) then we could book all of them in the UK then any places that were left particularly left out, we could book local venues.

Also, since Vai is touring the UK (and Europe?) in September, we need to make these dates around November, maybe even December (talk about a kickass Christmas huh!)

Cheers guys this is great, keep it up!
Joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How bout Glasgow AND Edinburgh? Surely it's more worthwhile for Dave, the more dates he's doing.

Has anyone got a confirmed place yet? Or Dave, if you're watching, have you booked anything in the UK yet?

Joe

·
Registered
736 Posts
SuperJemBoy said:
How bout Glasgow AND Edinburgh? Surely it's more worthwhile for Dave, the more dates he's doing.

Has anyone got a confirmed place yet? Or Dave, if you're watching, have you booked anything in the UK yet?

Joe
I think what is most realistic for me is to do a tour after the upcoming Vai tour. That way, I'm already over there so it will be cheaper. So that would be late Nov - early Dec.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right so we need to book dates early November/December. I say we make a finalised location of all the locations we want to cover. Does someone else want to do this? My geography of cities in England is awful! And in Scotland, Glasgow and Edinburgh (a date each) will probably do.

Thanks again guys, you too Dave!

Joe

·
Registered
76 Posts
ok being realistic..what kind of size places we looking at ??
are we talkin pubs ?..clubs ?? ..or proper gig size places like the apollo theatres ???

I live in the Manchester area and there are quite a few places in the North west that are suitable.
Theres even Maximes in wigan that hold the Gods of AOR gig wich has around 10 named bands on every year..people come from all over the world to that...im not saying play that gig ..im saying its more than suitable for a gig.

anyways Dave IF you do a gig anywhere in the North west area count me in giving you a hand lugging gear if you need any help ok

Take care Bro
Paul

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.