Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have a MIJ Fender Stratocaster, Floyd Rose Squier series. It has two single coils, a humbucker at the bridge, volume, one tone and a Floyd Rose II trem.

I've bought Lace Hot Gold Sensors (2 singles and a dually) to upgrade the guitar. The problem is that the wiring diagrams that I have are for a standard Fender 5 way selector switch. My guitar has a YM-50 switch and I don't understand what the various tabs are for. Does anyone have information so that I can translate my wiring for a trad. 5 way switch for a YM-50?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
There should be 8 lugs in a row on the YM-50 switch. Compared to a standard fender 5 way switch(4 lugs on each side). The first 4 lugs on the Ym-50 are essentially one one of the sides on the fender switch and the other 4 on the YM-50 are the other side of the fender switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your help. I thought this might be the case, but there were two things that confused me.

1) From memory (the guitar is back together now) the lugs were marked out left to right 3 2 1 0 0 1 2 3. Now if I substitute this as A B C D E F G H left to right, it was clear from the existing wiring that E F G H seemed to correspond to the top 4 lugs on a standard switch.

However, I wasn't sure if A B C D would be the bottom 4 lugs on a standard switch left to right, or if, because of the numbering used, it would need to be D C B A. This was further confused by my second point....

2) lugs A B C D (3 2 1 0) had no wires attached at all. However on all wiring schemes that I've seen, the tone controls come off these. Please see the following link as an example:

http://www.agi-lace.com/wiring/pdf/4.pdf

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts