Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This little fella I've found on a local site for sale. Is it real? I can only find pictures with a maple neck? Maby a hybrid from Ibanez with the last spareparts hanging around in the factory?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My google search gave me 3 ad-like-sites with the same picture from 3 different sellers and location.....weirrrrrd...

·
Vendor
26,381 Posts
Probably cause it's changed owners a few times with a couple con attempts in between.

It's a GR with a UVMC neck on it, spinning some wild [untrue] story about it being "rare and special" and yadda yadda. Bottom line, it's a mongrel, even though it's one of the cooler you'll see.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Rich said:
Probably cause it's changed owners a few times with a couple con attempts in between.

It's a GR with a UVMC neck on it, spinning some wild [untrue] story about it being "rare and special" and yadda yadda. Bottom line, it's a mongrel, even though it's one of the cooler you'll see.
It sure is :).

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah, i've seen this guitar on E bay as well.

I actually prefer the look of it to a stock one with the maple board but the i've never been a fan of maple boards.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That looks pretty damn sweet. I've seen one like that before,,,the same dude just swapped the necks out on the GR and MC. The MC looked awesome with the maple neck.
~A

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
jemaholic said:
But wait - that means there's a UVMC out there with a maple neck!
...how un-natural is that........yuck.........
LOL, in fact it would look awesome...

only problem id have is the green headstock... but other than that? gimme an MC with maple anyday ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts