Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I got a great deal on an UV777 so I decided to get it.
I've been playing around with it for about a week now, and I can't seem to get along well with the Blaze pickups.
I'm into lead playing only (very little rhythm playing), mostly in the instrumental rock league (Satch, Vai, etc.) and I find that the Blazes lack the mid range needed for those screaming leads. I also find them very conservative and laid back if you know what I mean.
I'm thinking of replacing both the bridge and neck PUs. What would be a good choice? I'm thinking of getting an Evo 7 for bridge and Air Norton 7 for neck combination for getting back that midrange I'm missing (I'm coming from a JS1000 with the Fred / PAF Pro... you can imagine). Would this be the good choice? I don't really have a chance for trying them out so I'll have to pull the trigger on them blind.

Too long; didn't read:

Would the Evo 7 in bridge + Air Norton 7 in neck be a good replacement for the Blaze pickups in my UV777 if I'm totally into instrumental rock lead playing and I can't live with the Blazes lacking mids?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
If your coming from a FRED, PAF Pro, I'm surprised you don't like the Blaze pickups???
THe EVO7 and the AN7 and worlds apart in output. The AN7 is a very low output pickup, there will be a big difference in volume between the two if you go with this combo. The EVO7 sounds just like the EVO2 to my ears, very nice.
What is you rig???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your coming from a FRED, PAF Pro, I'm surprised you don't like the Blaze pickups???
THe EVO7 and the AN7 and worlds apart in output. The AN7 is a very low output pickup, there will be a big difference in volume between the two if you go with this combo. The EVO7 sounds just like the EVO2 to my ears, very nice.
What is you rig???
I thought that many people loved this combination and didn't have problems?
I'm using a Kemper Profiling Amplifier which allows for great versatility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts