Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I spotted an unusual Ibanez Prestige earlier today and ended up getting it. It was absolutely covered in dust and needs a proper clean but does play well. The pickups are all Wilkinsons and the colour is a metallic red / orange two tone shimmer (sorry the pictures don't show this very well).
Does anyone have any idea about this guitar? Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks everyone
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory
Thigh Knee String instrument accessory Nail Wood

·
Registered
963 Posts
I thought I’d seen this guitar before. I think he has a post over on another forum. I am no expert, but this guitar does seem fishy. If the OP knew it was a fake, would he have bought it? Hopefully his purchase is protected by like PayPal, or something, and the OP can get his money refunded.

We see these cases all the time, where somebody buys the guitar first and asks questions later. Hopefully, next time he buys, he will ask the questions before he buys it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi both, thanks for your replies. I had strong suspicions when I spotted it but as it was only £50 I thought it was worth a punt if only for the pickups. I think I'll refinish the headstock and create my new frankenstrat. It sounds pretty good and plays well but I don't want to be looking at a fake Ibanez logo everytime I pick it up....

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am glad that you got it for practically free. If that is all you paid, and you like it, maybe refinish and get someone to make a logo of your name on the headstock. HNGD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts