Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'd like to replace the Edge Pro trem system on my RG1570 built at FujiGen Gakki on May 2006. It's a J-Craft US stock model, bought in San Diego.

Is it possible to replace it with a more modern Edge system or put in a Floyd Rose on that guitar?

What options do I have?

Cheers,
Ove

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Edge Pro is a modern system. What do you want to replace it with? I've heard that an Original Edge won't slot in due to the different route. An upgrade on the Edge Pro would be to add locking posts i.e.:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/143299491573

Otherwise, it's a very good system.

Hello,

I'd like to replace the Edge Pro trem system on my RG1570 built at FujiGen Gakki on May 2006. It's a J-Craft US stock model, bought in San Diego.

Is it possible to replace it with a more modern Edge system or put in a Floyd Rose on that guitar?

What options do I have?

Cheers,
Ove

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Exactly as above! The Edge Pro is a more modern design than the Edge, and bar the stock exemption of locking studs, is a mighty fine system. And as mentioned, you can upgrade to locking studs easily.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You can't really replace an Edge Pro with another Ibanez trem without seriously modifying the guitar, but I think an Original Floyd Rose will fit, not done it myself though so might wanna confirm that.

That said, as others mentioned the Edge Pro is one of the best trem systems money can buy, replace the posts with the locking ones (if you feel the need) and it's effectively a more modern one than what Ibanez currently use on their high end guitars. Ibanez went back to the past to the Original Edge and Lo-Pro Edge due to their popularity, but barring the locking studs (which you can upgrade) the Edge Pro is just as good, better if you like the modern features.

What's wrong with your current trem?

·
Registered
740 Posts

And tune it, bring it down, and retune it, then bring down until strings are not slipping, so you need to tune it to that moment of returning for down. ( when you are not playing string can move but before you start playing, bring tremolo down, return it and THEN check tuning.

It will help if you do not have to many winding on post, and many times people have bad restring technique, and strings are slipping through post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.