Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a deal with a guy in IN (zone 5) and sent a Budda combo in the original shipping carton with original packing. Amp was destroyed upon arrival. This is like the 4th time it's happened to me and I'm sick of filing claims and chasing my money. They Suck.

I don't know about you guys, but I've had too many bad experiences with UPS to justify using them any more. I'm officially on the FedEx bandwagon.
We'll see if they are any different.......

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bought a white coffin case from musicians friend a while back ago delivered by UPS and it had a hole through the box and the case it was returned after seeing how cheap there service is and how cheaply made the case was

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I luckily haven't had any damage, but they have left guitars out on my front porch in 120 degree temperatures in my apartment before.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
How can these things happen? I mean from what you guys describe it would seem almost as if they WANTED to break the stuff. Really lame.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Knightmeir said:
I luckily haven't had any damage, but they have left guitars out on my front porch in 120 degree temperatures in my apartment before.
UPS are morons, they shouldnt leave items on your front porch they should have brought it to the closest post office and contacted your or left a note saying so.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They dont care about stuff... this is people, with **** salaries, handling big heavy boxes... they couldnt care less about your stuff... :)

now, have them destroy stuff four times...? i think you should have switched to FedEx earlier... :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im definetely on the fed ex bandwagon now. One of those UPS guys came to my door, and when my dog jumped on him, in a friendly way wagging his tail and trying to lick his face, the UPS guy hit my dog in the face so hard, and ran away. I was like, wtf!?!? We won't be seeing that guy anymore though haha ;) Really f-ed up thoguh, why would someone do that? The fed ex man seems alot nicer though, and i can understand what he says to me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
On the other hand USPS is no better I sent a guitar to a buyer once and they lost it is was found 2 months later at a small town post office and was returned with damages always get insurance of equal value of merchandise LOL!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Fedex left a guitar delivered to me in the bushes in front of my apartment buliding. The delivery slip actually said "left in bushes". I'm just glad it didn't rain, because it was in the bushes for about 5 hours before I picked it up. My wife was so mad she sent a complaint letter to Fedex.

UPS delivered a guitar to me that was not all that well packaged. Actually, it was packed without a case in a single box, upside down, full of packing peanuts, with the whammy bar in. Although the neck was bearing all the weight, it luckily survived.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
That sucks! I havent had a problem with them but I have heard enough negative comments to jump on the FED EX bandwagon myself. Dont need that 1st time happening to me!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
jemaholic said:
I did a deal with a guy in IN (zone 5) and sent a Budda combo in the original shipping carton with original packing. Amp was destroyed upon arrival. This is like the 4th time it's happened to me and I'm sick of filing claims and chasing my money. They Suck.

I don't know about you guys, but I've had too many bad experiences with UPS to justify using them any more. I'm officially on the FedEx bandwagon.
We'll see if they are any different.......
Man that sucks big time dude :mad:.

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
fedex sucks even more than the united packaged smashers. Fedex destoryed a 4x12 cab so bad they discarded it. Good luck getting a refund from them too .

I ship all my stuff usps, they have never damaged a singel item i have sold or recived.

DONT USE FEDEX THEY ARE RAT BASTARDS, THIER IS A REASON THEY ARE CHEAP ON SHIPPING, THEY SUCK.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
giannifive said:
Fedex left a guitar delivered to me in the bushes in front of my apartment buliding. The delivery slip actually said "left in bushes". I'm just glad it didn't rain, because it was in the bushes for about 5 hours before I picked it up. My wife was so mad she sent a complaint letter to Fedex.

UPS delivered a guitar to me that was not all that well packaged. Actually, it was packed without a case in a single box, upside down, full of packing peanuts, with the whammy bar in. Although the neck was bearing all the weight, it luckily survived.
Don't they need to get a signature from you when they drop it off?

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
unique77 said:
Im definetely on the fed ex bandwagon now. One of those UPS guys came to my door, and when my dog jumped on him, in a friendly way wagging his tail and trying to lick his face, the UPS guy hit my dog in the face so hard, and ran away. I was like, wtf!?!? We won't be seeing that guy anymore though haha ;) Really f-ed up thoguh, why would someone do that? The fed ex man seems alot nicer though, and i can understand what he says to me.
I couldn't help but laugh at that
BWahahaha

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've had NOTHING but bad experiences with UPS myself. We went through months of the "Dr. Porch" 'signatures' on packeges delivered to us.

What really burned my tucas was having a guitar case dropped on my porch with the "Dr. Porch" on the slip AND I WAS HOME!
The door bell never rang and he just dumped my case on the porch and left, didn't ring the bell.
So I complained . . . next delivery, same thing, we were home, no knock or ringing doorbell, only this time it wasn't just a $99 guitar case, it was a $500.00 tree stand we bought for my step-father.

Complained again . . . next delivery not only was I home, I saw the truck pull up and got up to meet him at the door and watched him stop about 5 feet away from my bottom step and THROW the package on the porch. It was just a video game, but WTF?

I went to our local UPS office and filed an official complaint. I did witness the improper handling of a package that was in all effect, my property and he THROWS it on my porch like a flying disk? The box was crushed, the disk inside was fine but I demanded compensation, that I never got because it was his word against mine, of course UPS believed him and I didn't feel it was worth going to the police but did file a complaint with the BBB.

Since then I've actually cancelled mail orders if another carrier isn't offered, if it's UPS only I won't buy.

Sorry Rich, I remember you said you only use UPS . . .

Mic

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Oh, and just to add . . .

Don't bother filing out a "Do not deliver if recipient not at home" form . . . they don't pay any attention to that.

I filled out a couple of them and still had the "Dr. Porch" over and over again.

Mic

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm a USPS man all the way. They haven't damaged anything once. They are a bit limited on weight and size, but usually you can do a cased guitar. They have long triangular free boxes for Priority mail that are perfect for necks. I love Priority mail. Roughly 3 days, free self adhesive boxes, and no damage to date.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
frankfalbo said:
I'm a USPS man all the way. They haven't damaged anything once. They are a bit limited on weight and size, but usually you can do a cased guitar. They have long triangular free boxes for Priority mail that are perfect for necks. I love Priority mail. Roughly 3 days, free self adhesive boxes, and no damage to date.
exactly and thats why i use them as well.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts