Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yesterday, I put my RG3120f on sale because it doesn't have enough lows for my taste and also because I got tired of the tremolo which I hardly used. Today I saw an also used RGA321F with an only dent at the belt strap pin. The price is a bit lower than I'm selling mine, but I'm ready to recude my price as well down to that to buy the RGA.

What do you think if it will be a good non-trem replacement for my RG3120F DAM?

Thank.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If I would want a non tremolo Ibanez, I'd go for the RGA321F. You have the newer RG1420F but it's Basswood whereas the RGA is mahogany so it'll sound closer to your RG3120.

I also totally dig the looks and the shape contour of the RGA.. if I see one of these I'll get one myself, specially the 321 with the flamed top is a beauty!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I once played an RGA321 and was fascinated so much that later I bought the RG3120 under the influence of that RGA. But as I remember the RGA321 gave out a lot of lows with the same Dimarzio/Ibz set. Probably I'll bring my 3120 to compare the two guitars.
Yes, I also love the 321's shape.

I don't know why, but these prestige guitars when used and yet in perfect conditions sell twice as less as new ones, whereas gibsons (very much worn out) sell for 70% from the prices on new items.

The 1420 seems unavailable here so far even new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts