Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been offered a USA Custom with snakeskin graphics in trade for an Amp I have but the seller doesn't have much information, just wondered if anyone had seen one like this before and if they know more about it. All he knows is that it's a 93/94 ish USA Custom shop, said only 3 were made and the others were single humbucker.

It's an H/S/S configuration, RG550 ish type body with maple neck.

(I'm unable to post pictures as I've not got 10 posts yet)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i had one.its the serpent and there are made a few of them 50?100? i dont know but more than 3 hahaha.i liked the guitar a lot.it is really fine and plays great.the price is around 800$ till 1200$ but i dont know the marked in usa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was yours the maple neck and H/S/S configuration?

Do you remember any details about yours? trem type, body wood etc?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I submitted those scans of the USA Custom order form and the Brochure sheet years ago to the Ibanez Rules website. Just funny to see them come up I still have the original copies of both...pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
This particular USAC is not rare compared to many of the other USACs. They turn up with some regularity. It's less common to see Serpent with a maple neck, but that will not add significantly to it's value. The pickup configuration is largely irrelevant to the value as well. That setup (maple, H-S-S) is actually the way it's displayed in the 1991 catalog.

I'd put the value between $600 and $750 if it's in nice shape, because the USAC market sucks right now, and like I said, that's not an uncommon graphic.

That said, that's a damn nice looking guitar. Somebody remind me why I sold mine? Oh yeah - 'cause I'm an idiot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts