1,418 Posts
wildchild247 said:
I was looking at this preamp

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html

anyone know if this is good

I am looking for something similar to this with 2 guitar ins and 2 mic ins

maybe some cheaper ones two

thank you
I've got the Tascam US122, which can be had for $179, and is 24/48, with phantom power, two XLR's, two guitar/line switchable, and is bus powered. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can this be used as a preamp
Tascam CD-GT 1 MK I

Anyone know if those Line 6 Pods are any good (do they work like preamps)

Is there anything that works like a pre amp but has effects on it (for use when travelling)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have that M-Audio pre-amp and it works just fine with my ibook g4. I have recorded an electric guitar, active and passive pickup basses, and an acoustic-electric guitar direct with no problems. Also have recorded my amp with a mic no problem there either. I have been setting the gain about the 1 oclock position if that helps. Also its good for vocals direct although you could use a mic tube preamp to warm up the vocals a bit. Hope this helps you out. For the money it is a pretty good piece of equipment and completly portable. It is powered by the usb port on your computer. I have a laptop and that and it is great for jam sessions.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tascam US-122 - 24-Bit-Audio-/MIDI Interface for Windowsand Mac, USB connection, inputs for two microphones(phantompower 48v), guitar or other instuments, two analoginserts, direktmonitoring, headphone, USB-powered, incl.Cubase LE (WIN 98, ME, 2000, XP und Mac OS9)

all for 199.00 EUR

Is that good value

does the Tascam CD-GT 1 MK II do the same job??

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Drew said:
I've been using a M-Audio Firewire 410, and if their USB stuff is on par witht heir Firewire stuff, then I'd say it's pretty damned good. :)
I would imagine it could do either firewire or USB unless it's not 2.0 compliant. 2.0 is a little faster than firewire, but they are about the same so it should be the same thing :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.