Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Jemsite,
I am in the market for a new guitar and I have narrowed it down to two options.

First is a used, great condition RG3120f for $1100 (Which sounds rather pricey if I'm not mistaken)

Second is a brand new RG652ahm for $1250

I have been debating it for a week and I am really not sure which to go with. I can return either one if I don't like it. Any tips and helpful information is much appreciated.

I love how both of them look, but what I am mainly concerned with is playability and quality. Is there anything about either one that makes it superior?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I haven't played either of those models but I do own 3 Prestige models and I'm sure either one will be great! All of the Prestige models I have tried are excellent instruments. Between the two you've listed i would go with the the RG652ahm because it has better pickups.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Fashel,

the two guitars should sound quite different. The RG3120F with mahogany body/maple top and rosewood fingerboard sounds fuller with more bottom end, the ash-bodied RG652AHM brighter with a direct attack response. Both are fine guitars, find out which one suits your needs more. The RG3120F is a bit pricey at $1100 but there are fewer 3120/3120F on the current market than in the last years. Compared to the original 3120 pickups might be a week point. Both have fine bridges (Edge tremolo / Edge Pro).
Just my 2 cents :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts