Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so on day when i was a stupid child I bought this useless pedal and realised as i grew that it doesnt help me. But then recently I had a problem with my analogue pedals and Iread as a boarding student, so i thought this pedal could help me for some time. It can give better sounds when setup. But, wel my problem is that now i want to try recording tracs directly on my pc, using rp255 as interface. I tried to use some software like Studio one, cubase le4 given together, and mixcraft. I could't get it to transfer sounds to my pc. Pc basicly sees the device, but doesnt pick any sounds. I installed the drivers btw. Which software would you recommend and how should i set it up? Using Windows 8 64 bit on an acer aspire 5740 if that helps.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
First off, try starting with the program 'Reaper'. It's DAW software just like Cubase, etc..

In reaper, you need to go to preferences, then devices/audio, and make sure that the driver type pull-down menu is ASIO. Then make sure it is set for RP255 ASIO driver. Then you make a tracks, arm it for recording, and then it should work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying. Well, now pc records some stuff. But output is set as rp255 by default and i can't change it. When I remove rp255, it stops playing the track... Can I perhaps save this as something like mp3 so I can play it trough media player?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean uh, is it possible to record the track as sometinh else so I won't need reaper to play it?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Yep, top menu: File>Render. You can do wav files or MP3. for mp3 you will need a special file that it will tell you how to download.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts