Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got myself a Blaze Custom for my UV, and am halfway through installing it and I noticed the pickup selector switch inside (it is a UV7BK) is an old plastic one. Now I have a spare VX91 lying about, so am tempted to upgrade the selector switch, which leads me to the wonderfull thought of being able to do some different switching :)

Now I've always kind of found the position 2 and 4 a bit weak and never use them, so I am really looking for 2 different pickup combinations to put in those position that will sound cool!

Any suggestions of pup wiring?

James

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would like to know this aswell. Since I have the otax switch, and am about to connect the 3 blaze pickups and wanted something different for the 2&4 positions. I hope someone can help you out so that I may benefit from it. :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If you fancy doing a complete re-wire I can post my H-S-H with one or two push pulls wiring diagram (optional high pass filter and series parallel switch)

essentially you get this

pos 1
Bridge series (push pull to parallel in phase)

Pos 2
middle side bridge coil plus centre coil in parrallel (fairly bland but good for country and role back the volume for a Nile rogers style funk!)

Pos 3
middle side brige plus middle side neck coil in parallel (petrucci-esque clean sound ... think Images and words)

pos 4
neck side neck coil (much more useful single coil sound then the middle sinlge coil... think SRV)

pos 5
neck in series (push pull to parallel in phase)

optional push pull high pass

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
actually... if you just let me know what you want and ill make up the wiring diagram ... pretty much anything is possible

Steve

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I'd need something that didn't involve push/pull pots or another switch. I don't have any plans on what I want it to sound like, just different from the regular 2 and 4 positions since they go un-noticed to me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the push pulls are entirely optional...

and the above gives alot of options with the switch you already have... I generally dont think having a middle single coil is of any use... I dont like the sound of it personally... and generally rewire to have the neck side neck coil to be on instead... much more useful.

other option for the 2 position are full neck and full bridge on together in parallel (ala JS1200 middle position)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That'd work. Something like 1.bridge 2.bridge&neck 3.middle 4.mid and neck I suppose or somethin different 5.neck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts