Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be a reasonable price for a pink lined UV1000C in great condition?
Is it worth it to "overpay" a pink lined one instead of buying a brand new one with the burgundy lining just to pair it with an older JEM or UV, I mean to stay as close as the "original" hardshell case as possible?
Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Drew said:
Personally, I think the pink lined cases are hideous.
I second that!

As well as it being a foul colour to start with it looks even worse when it starts to fade (as many of them seem to).
The burgundy lining looks much classier to me and it shows the guitar off better.

·
Vendor
26,936 Posts
To be serious, a JEM that's supposed to be original in a pink lined, just doesn't look right if it's not, and of course, isn't original if it isn't either.

I've seen mint [claimed] pinks sell for over $200, to members here.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Rich said:
To be serious, a JEM that's supposed to be original in a pink lined, just doesn't look right if it's not, and of course, isn't original if it isn't either.
Rich - Agreed, but personally I'm not so big on JEM's and I only own a UV because to date it's the best 7 I've ever played - find me a non-sig 7 that matches it, and it's a different story. ;) As such, i could care less if it's "original" or not, I'll go by looks.

Which means, of course, if I ever get my hands on a pink-lined UV case, you'll be the first guy I call - you don't sell UV1000's alone, but in that hypothetical situation would you consider a burgundy-for-pink swap?. ;)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I have 2 burgandys and 1 pink. Wherever I go, I use the burgandy for my PWH so I can keep the pink stored at home.
Everytime I open it, it's pleasing to the eye, it looks awesome on burgandy but
having the pink one at home makes me feel even better. :lol:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have 2 burgundy's a 1 pink.

RG7CT- Burgundy
RG7621 - Burgundy
UV777BK - Pink

The UV777 is the only one that looks right in the pink. The other too look so rediculous to put in it. Not to mention its the case that came with it. Not sure if it's original. It's a 99 UV.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.