Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should be a reasonable price for a pink lined UV1000C in great condition?
Is it worth it to "overpay" a pink lined one instead of buying a brand new one with the burgundy lining just to pair it with an older JEM or UV, I mean to stay as close as the "original" hardshell case as possible?
Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Unless you were planning on being deceptive and pass it off as original, I wouldn't think it would matter. The case is just going to get banged up anyway.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Drew said:
Personally, I think the pink lined cases are hideous.
I second that!

As well as it being a foul colour to start with it looks even worse when it starts to fade (as many of them seem to).
The burgundy lining looks much classier to me and it shows the guitar off better.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Drew said:
Personally, I think the pink lined cases are hideous.
Agreed, although I love the one I purchased from Rich with my PWH. Very nice and it's mint mint. :)
I like the burgundy better though. Especially with a white guitar laying over it.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
To be serious, a JEM that's supposed to be original in a pink lined, just doesn't look right if it's not, and of course, isn't original if it isn't either.

I've seen mint [claimed] pinks sell for over $200, to members here.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
The PWH does look nice on burgundy but like you said it looks right and original with pink...you know why I had to have one ;)

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Rich said:
To be serious, a JEM that's supposed to be original in a pink lined, just doesn't look right if it's not, and of course, isn't original if it isn't either.
Rich - Agreed, but personally I'm not so big on JEM's and I only own a UV because to date it's the best 7 I've ever played - find me a non-sig 7 that matches it, and it's a different story. ;) As such, i could care less if it's "original" or not, I'll go by looks.

Which means, of course, if I ever get my hands on a pink-lined UV case, you'll be the first guy I call - you don't sell UV1000's alone, but in that hypothetical situation would you consider a burgundy-for-pink swap?. ;)

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Of course, but

RG7CT
RG7CST
RG7-1
RG8527

just a few more 7 options for ya, a couple that actually came in a burgundy lined case ;)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I've got a pink and a burgandy. I think the pink looks better with the FP and the burgandy looks better with the BFP which is how I received the guitars.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
RG7-1? I'm not familiar with that model...

The rest of those are bloody hard to find - I'd been eyeing the 8527 on your site, but that one was on hold for another guy over at www.sevenstring.org about 12 hours after I first spotted it...

Eh, I'm working on it. ;)

-D

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Off hold. The nut had a stripped B/E thread and he was on a time schedule. I have the helicoil kit here to fix it now, and that's all I have left to do to it ;)

red5 said:
No no Rich...

I like women, I just dont like their colors!
They're all pink on the inside ;)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I have 2 burgandys and 1 pink. Wherever I go, I use the burgandy for my PWH so I can keep the pink stored at home.
Everytime I open it, it's pleasing to the eye, it looks awesome on burgandy but
having the pink one at home makes me feel even better. :lol:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have 2 burgundy's a 1 pink.

RG7CT- Burgundy
RG7621 - Burgundy
UV777BK - Pink

The UV777 is the only one that looks right in the pink. The other too look so rediculous to put in it. Not to mention its the case that came with it. Not sure if it's original. It's a 99 UV.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts