Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am just not a fan of the mirror. I am thinking of going with a pearl like the VWH, but i don't think it would look that great either. I want something 'wider', like one of these: Pearls ? Galaxy Plastic

Part of me wants something closest to the inlays color, but part of me wants something like the light blue. What does everyone think?

Maybe something like this? I would go with this if it was 3 play, but I think is exactly what it is, just the one ply.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't think you'd be at all happy with the blue, I know what you mean about the mirror though.

I'd fit a 3-ply plain black guard, it wouldn't look out of place or clash with the rest of the guitar.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's too damned black as it is LOL. Maybe a black pearl though? Something that brings out the minimal amount of color in the inlays would be ideal, like it was a bigger piece of inlay or something.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe you could try to match the abalone portion of the inlays? I searched "abalone pickguard" and it doesn't look bad against black. You'd want to check out the pattern though to make sure it doesn't look cheesy or fake.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are much darker examples on the image search I did, none look that light and consistent.

How about Black Mother of Pearl?

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that one might look great. It's got that bit of gold in it that makes that bit less monochromatic.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Maybe consider using matte aluminum (i.e. JEM10) or slightly off-white pearl considering the UV has a body binding and pyramid inlays. The dark guard doesn't add to the guitar IMHO.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will get a white pearloid one, they're the cheapest anyway lol. If I don't like it I'll just try something else.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just waiting on Nate Perle now. Maybe pics this weekend if the mail comes through for me :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts