Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a super good deal rite now someone is offering me. a uv777for 850US not with a hardshell case. i never played a 7string but i really like the jem series guitars and was gotta get a jem7v. but running little on cash... so u guys think i should risk it and get a 7 sting?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I would personally get the UV because i play 7 strings.

I have to say though that a 7 string UV/RG is a very different guitar to play compared to a Jem, VERY different,so i wouldn't get one without trying one first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can, definatly try it before.
Even if its a good price, let's not toss money anywhere just like that.
I would personally hesitate because I have never had a 7 string in my hands, I went for the 7VWH.. with a possible look on 7 string guitars later on.

But IT IS a nice deal..
Go see if you can try it first ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I played the black UV the other day at guitar center cuz they have a used one sitting around. Before that I have never played a 7 string. Well the neck felt pretty nice and I didn't really know for sure what I was doing on it but felt like if I ever learned that I would get one for sure. The universes are some of the best 7 strings to make the transistion from 6 to 7 on I think.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i went from an EVH copy to an RG1527, took me a few days to get my head properly around it, but i love it to bits and dont know how i ever managed without 7 strings!
not a hard transision, and at that price u cant afford not to give it a go!!!

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Well, it all depends on condition, of course... but for a 777BK, if it's in good shape, that's a great price.

UV's own without remorse. Once you're used to the neck, you won't regret it. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ditto the neck observation, this is what went on in my head when I took one for a spin at the local store:

"Hmmm, this neck is too lar......Wow! That feels way nice!!!!!!!

Bought it. Love it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i played a UV777BK, and didn't really get to shred it properly, as the crazy owner had it tuned entirely in 4ths (BEADGCF) which i couldnt get with. it felt really nice though. no harder to play than my jems, just different. the bridge felt a bit strange, but it may have just been a case of not being used to his setup. they look gorgeous in the flesh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts