Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a UV77MC that seems to be in fairly good condition except for the paint. It looks to be an ATD, but there are several chunks of paint missing. Some down to the wood.

I am thinking of buying it, but would want to have Darren refinish it with the original UVMC colors.

Would that affect the value of the guitar if I want to sell it down the road? The rest of the guitar seems great. The fret board is clean and all of the hardware is nice and shiny with no pitting.

Like I said, the paint was abused and really needs work. Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
why get it if you already know youre gonna resell it?

get it, have Darren refinish it for you, and you know youll have one of a kind, your very own...

if you still want to get rid of it later, i dont think youre gonna have much trouble, specially if you get Darren to refin...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jemaholic, I spoke to Darren last week and he mentioned it is about a 5 month wait right now.
Darren is really a great guy. Really took the time to talk and answer all of my questions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whaddayou think of multocoloring my JEM10th?
Kind of grey black silver finish???

It´s now a player, since i´ve been realizing that keeping it in it´s case will damage the guitar. Yess!! it will....since the neck is shrinking, leaving the fret ends to grab the E1st..and the springs have to be broken in, every each month or so....and so on.....
The body mass will just get thinner if there´s no tone going through the body for some time too.....

If a guitar is going to keep it´s playvalue, it has to be played evenly and thouroughly every now and then....keeping it in it´s case will not preserve, just damage!!!

My JEM is now all dried out efter being in it´s case since -97, and i will have a pain together with her, to get the shape back.... outch!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts