Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good luck finding an Ibanez 7-string neck with a block heel, you'll probably have to have one made which will cost serious money if you can find the right luthier who can actually build one.

·
Super Moderator
7,397 Posts
Congrats, I couldn't make the show today :( But i'm looking forward to seeing the neck get built for this one, in fact you've had 3 hours since you posted this, you're probably half way done by now, right? ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I were going to build a UV7P 'tribute' guitar I'd start with a late 90's RG7620, it already has all the correct Cosmo hardware fitted and the early ones even have the same Dimarzio Blaze pickups as well, you'd just need to pin-rout the fretboard for the inlays, you might even be able to re-shape the heel to mate up with that body you've bought.

Just for future reference, if you want to build a good guitar start with a good neck, that's the hard part to make well, if you have a good neck the rest is gravy.

·
Super Moderator
7,397 Posts
Just for future reference, if you want to build a good guitar start with a good neck, that's the hard part to make well, if you have a good neck the rest is gravy.
HA Ha HA hahaha Ha HA Ha Ha...

Ok, I'm done ;)

If Zoot wants to build a good guitar he starts with a rainy weekend, and that's about it! He's well known for his builds so starting with some wood and some inspiration is all he needs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
HA Ha HA hahaha Ha HA Ha Ha...

Ok, I'm done ;)

If Zoot wants to build a good guitar he starts with a rainy weekend, and that's about it! He's well known for his builds so starting with some wood and some inspiration is all he needs.
I didn't know he was a luthier and meant no disrespect, I'm here all week :smile_big:

·
Super Moderator
7,397 Posts
Sorry bro, I was too harsh there, but when you’ve seen some of Zoot’s builds, you’ll want to ‘watch this space’ as much as the rest of us :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I were going to build a UV7P 'tribute' guitar I'd start with a late 90's RG7620, it already has all the correct Cosmo hardware fitted and the early ones even have the same Dimarzio Blaze pickups as well, you'd just need to pin-rout the fretboard for the inlays, you might even be able to re-shape the heel to mate up with that body you've bought.

:roll: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts