Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, last week I sold one of my UVMCs (both japanese swirls). Even though I ve been with it for more then 8 years, it was sold for a good reason.

With the money I got from it I bought a jem PMC and a custom made guitar.The PMC has great swirl and great neck, but it has some details. Still, I think its in excelent condition.

The custom is also in great condition.

About the PMC, well, what can I say, it looks awesome, I will post some pics of it this week, and I ll do the same with the custom guitar.

The custom its a "PRS meets yamaha 1412" guitar. Its neckthrough, edge equipped, with a QM and a Di Marzio Super distortion (gotoh tuners). A 3cm quilted maple top over a maogany body. 5 piece neck (flamed maple, purple heart, some oter wood I couldnt figure out yet, purple heart, flamed maple), with the headstock in a different wood (that I also couldnt figure out). maple dot inlays. I was able to buy both because the custom guitar cost me very little money (a singer who didnt play the quitar and knew absolutely nothing about them, had it stored in his house for several years, so he was clueless about how much to ask and he listed it as "buy now" in a local auction site)

I bought the PMC from marianozz. I made deals with him in the past, and he is as honest and straightforward as they come.

Im very happy and I wanted to share it. Both play and look great.

As I said Ill post picks soon.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zEr0 said:
Good for ya! Who needs 2 UVMC's after all? :)

Post pics ASAP. I'm really interested in that custom...

BTW Did you sell the yellow or the green one?
Thanks. I sold the "green" one. I will post some pics of both tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Sorry to hear you sold one of your beloved UV77MCs. They both were great swirls. At least you still have your yellow one though.
Anyway, congrats on the PMC and a custom made guitar. Pics? :D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I had to sell one of those in order to get the PMC, I sold my UV for a little extra cash than what I payed fo the PMC (300USD). The UV was in better shape than the PMC, but I really wanted the PMC over the UV, mainly bacause I had 2 japanese swirls UVMC.

I bought the custom as soon as it was put for auction (since it was "buy now", it lasted about an hour until I saw it.... 300 bucks was insane for that guitar).

Then I had an offer for the UVMC and learned that Marianozz wanted to sell the PMC. AS it turned out I didnt spent any extra money, wich is good bacause I quit my job 2 months ago, and I cant justify to spend more money in guitars (at least until I get a new job :)

Here are a couple of pics of the PMC:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v493/RCB/UVMC yellow/

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I tried the custom when i took the PMC to her new home... man, thats one sick axe!!! sweet tone, and the chrome Edge sure looks out of place in a PRS body :lol:

Enjoy the Jem man, i know i left her in good company ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, thanks!

I really like the PMC swirl.

Im also glad that we had a perfect timing with marianozz (he decided to sell just at the same time I sold the green UVMC). So we are both happy (he wanted to sell, and didnt have to wait, and I found a beautifull guitar just after I sold one of my favourites).

Thank you mariano! you now she is going to have the TLC that deserves. :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For the ones that wanted too see some pics of the custom that was bought along with the PMC, I posted a new thread with the pics in the "other ibanez guitars" (yeah, I know its not an Ibanez but the pics are group photos of all the customs, and most of them are "ibanez") :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.