Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,got a few projects rolling in and i am looking to throw some v7,v8,infs in them.

Personal opinions on these ?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Tons of opinions already posted if you look through the Pickups and Wiring forum. You can also do a search. Our own LonePhantom even came up with a really cool mod for the V8.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
V8-V7 Magnet swap is an awesome Mod Very Hot sounding!
I like the inf's, I got a set in a 2011 rg350MYE, and swaped the rear for a fred, I'm swapping it back.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I will add that while the V7 and V8 are above par for stock pickups--I always put DiMarzios in my Ibbies. Hmmmmmmm, it might be time for me to put an ad in the classifieds for that pile of stock pups........

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I will add that while the V7 and V8 are above par for stock pickups--I always put DiMarzios in my Ibbies. Hmmmmmmm, it might be time for me to put an ad in the classifieds for that pile of stock pups........
Try the conversition before you do, you may not sell'em.....
Well with the pile you have, you prob could. :grin:

I will look for the sale....:)

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
If you have V1/2s to get rid of I'd love them to do another round of pickup modding. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses.The prob is that we pay DOUBLE the amount out here for Dimarzio Evo's.

Bull****.

Theres no WAY i am going to pay $400 for a set when they are $208 in the US.

So i am gunna order some 2nd hand v7/v8,infs ex US.

Should do the job nicely.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts