Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, on the dvd when Steve does Bad Horsie, theres a point near the end of the song when you see Steve, and he is using the BRMR, then for like a split second or two, (actually more like 5 seconds, but hey) you see steve in the dark with no leds, because he has a VWH in his hand, but the next time you see him at the last note of the song he is using the BRMR again... how and why did he do this? theres no audible break in the song i cant tell when he doe it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,221 Posts
both nights were recorded, and the video editing took shots from both nights... its annoying as hell (youll notice Dave and Tony magically switching guitars too)...

Steves explanation is that the footage wasnt good thru the whole songs, so, he had to do a lil cut&pasting...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
marianozz said:
both nights were recorded, and the video editing took shots from both nights... its annoying as hell (youll notice Dave and Tony magically switching guitars too)...

Steves explanation is that the footage wasnt good thru the whole songs, so, he had to do a lil cut&pasting...
The DVD is not as bad as the Van Halen "Right Here, Right Now" live DVD there it's much more apparant when they magically switch guitars or clothes during a song.

Regards

André
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,422 Posts
Oops

maybe it's Erotic Nightmares or the Animal. The 3 guitarists are staing front stage all in a row playing a harmony thing and as the camera shot changes, Tony & Dave's guitars do too :)

~K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
fettouhi said:
The DVD is not as bad as the Van Halen "Right Here, Right Now" live DVD there it's much apparant when magically switch guitars or clothes during a song.

Regards

André
Amen, brother!

I picked up that dvd (LRHRN) a while back and was so disappointed in the editing. It was horrible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
JM5150 said:
Amen, brother!

I picked up that dvd (LRHRN) a while back and was so disappointed in the editing. It was horrible!
I've got the unedited audio of that concert. that video was heavily doctored. the guitar solo of eddie for example, the meanstreat-spanish fly parts were done without the audience! they magically made it look like it was live but that part was staged and punched in later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
marlb5150 said:
I've got the unedited audio of that concert. that video was heavily doctored. the guitar solo of eddie for example, the meanstreat-spanish fly parts were done without the audience! they magically made it look like it was live but that part was staged and punched in later.
WHAT!!! WTF!!!

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
marianozz said:
both nights were recorded, and the video editing took shots from both nights... its annoying as hell (youll notice Dave and Tony magically switching guitars too)...

Steves explanation is that the footage wasnt good thru the whole songs, so, he had to do a lil cut&pasting...
I think I remember hearing him say that, but I definitely remember seeing he had different guitars in a few clips (that I could tell were from another night)

...but there were a few clips I could not figure out if it was another guitar or not too but looked to be from the same night. Just some quick blurry shots and I really couldn't tell on my blurry 14" TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
timi_h said:
the most annoying thing about that whole DVD is during erotic nightmares when theres that descending legato call response thing, and tony mcalpine so clearly doesnt play what u hear!!!
Lol yeah.... i was confused for some time..... actually i still am....!!!! But seriously the mistakes make it sound live...........!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
danielarlington said:
Lol yeah.... i was confused for some time..... actually i still am....!!!! But seriously the mistakes make it sound live...........!!!!!!!
Yeah! sometimes I like it when thay don't play what's in the recorded version. LIVE!!! improvise... Which is why I like gilbert a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I suppose they only do it because it is more musical and commercial than if it was left raw.You've got to remember that they want to sell these things, and if it sounds and looks like a sack of spanners, they're maybe gonna get harshly criticised.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top